Korken's Peaceful Warrior Journey

KORKEN'S PEACEFUL WARRIOR JOURNEY

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Peaceful Warrior Journey: Chapter 1

So Chapter 1 of my journey is just about set.

Please check out this short video I put together that tells you about the places I will be visiting.
For a larger video version, please click here.

Quick Look at Where I'm Going

GUATEMALA:













1) Mystical Yoga Farm www.mysticalyogafarm.com

Self-sustaining, off the grid farm that seeks to reconnect people to nature, spirituality, and the surrounding Mayan community.

I'll be part of their Apprentice Program.

For more details, please watch my first video blog or visit their site!


2) Casa Guatemala

An orphanage located in Rio Dulce, near the Caribbean Coast.

Ho
me to about 250 orphans (ages 5-16).
Most of them have either been abandoned, abused, or come from families facing extreme poverty.

I'll be working day & night with the kids. Feeding them, clothing them, playing with them, and teaching them.

Should be an incredible experience!



HAITI:













-An organization focused on ecological revival and sustainable living in Haiti.

-They focus on water conservation, indigenous reforestation, and organic farming to help support the needs of the local Haitian community.

Can't wait to work with these guys!













-A grassroots org that builds shelters, homes, clinics, and classrooms.

-They also install sanitation and water purification systems, teach English, and train for jobs to foster self-reliance.


Please SPONSOR my journey! I would so appreciate it! :-)
(There's a DONATE link at the top of the page)


3 comments:

  1. really proud of you Korken - and so excited of where you're headed!

    Those places look like great finds, and if you still want to go to Hawaii, it'll be there when the time is right. :-)

    This is going to be AWESOME! You have my FULL support and enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are such an inspiration to me, Korken. You always have been. Your passion is amazing. It always has been.

    I know you will make an enormous difference in the lives of those you meet on this journey. God bless you on this quest. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all of this. As Jamie said, God Bless.

    ReplyDelete